Thursday 23 March 2017

Left or right?

I recently said during a fellowship that when we read the Word of God, we should do so with our brains in tact.

Be present ...

... apply your mind, man!

So, the other day I read the book of an old covenant prophet with my mind in tact ... and was blown away!

Look at this quote:

Can it be?

It can only be of One!
I cried by reason of mine affliction unto יהוה, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice. For thou hadst cast me into the deep, in the midst of the seas; and the floods compassed me about: all thy billows and thy waves passed over me. Then I said, I am cast out of thy sight; yet I will look again toward thy holy temple. The waters compassed me about, even to the soul: the depth closed me round about, the weeds were wrapped about my head. I went down to the bottoms of the mountains; the earth with her bars was about me for ever: yet hast thou brought up my life from corruption, O יהוה my Elohim. When my soul fainted within me I remembered יהוה: and my prayer came in unto thee, into thine holy temple. They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercy.  But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that that I have vowed. Salvation is of יהוה. Jon 2:2-9
Look at the last sentence. 

It contains ONE AWESOME TRUTH.

It is the Gospel of the finished work of Jesus!

Directly translated it says: ישׁוּעה is יהוה (or rather יהושע pronounced the same but the latter starting with the first part of the name of YHVH). It therefore states clearly that Salvation is Yah-is-Salvation!

There is no other.

Testifying to the character of God

Jonah has a further revelation unto the very being of YHVH when he says in 4:2 I knew that thou art a gracious God, and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repentest [grief] thee of the evil. Jon 4:2 - everything that Jesus stands for, the very character of God as was revealed by Abba to Moses in Exo 34:6 יהוה יהוה-El, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth.

Remember how that the very Person onto whom this prophecy in Jonah was directed, fulfilled it when He cried out: And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? Mat 27:46

 ישׁוּעה is יהוה!

Jesus is God!

He can be no other!
Get Twitter Fan Box Widget
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/floatting-twitter-fan-box-for-blogger.html#sthash.RumcxfhG.dpuf