Thursday 13 August 2015

Be holy ... by fashioning ...


Peter says to be holy in 1 Peter 1 ...

He explains further on that the only way we obtain holiness is by the redemption blood of the Lamb, not by traditions or works or corruptible things of our own doing ...

Yet, we are often told to abide by the law and do what the law says to be in Gods good favour.

Can we obtain righteousness and holiness this way? Can we work for favour? Can we do to be?
I submit to you that we are fashioned to be.


download by right clicking here and saving as ...

We are enabled and made accomplished and formed and caused to be obedient and walk in the way we should - effortless on our part!

God promised through Ezekiel that A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.  And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them. Eze 36:26-27

The word cause is the Hebrew word עָשָׂה ‛âśâh, meaning: to make possible; to enable; to form; to fashion ... 
The pictograph of the word cause depicts the following: see consumed Grace. In other words "behold the finished work of the cross" or "behold His poured-out heart for you"

Paul says in 2 Corinthians 3:3: Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

That which is set in stone, is taken away (remember our post on whether the law is obsolete? Find it here). Even our hearts that were set in the traditions and like customs, stony as it was, was taken away and replaced with a new susceptible, pliable heart.

Abba Abba says it so beautiful through Jeremiah: 
Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: 

But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. 

And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more. Jer 31:31-34

Jesus can never be closer to you. He, the word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart Rom8:10

He sticks closer than a brother. He is a close friend!

No comments:

Get Twitter Fan Box Widget
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/floatting-twitter-fan-box-for-blogger.html#sthash.RumcxfhG.dpuf